Yesterday, on May 25, FINA Development centre team together with the Department of Youth Affairs, Sports and Tourism of the Arsk Municipal District, organized an acquaintance of FINA swimming and diving scholarship holders with the Arsk town and its surroundings.
This is the first trip that allowed to get acquainted with the local Tatar culture, as well as to hold swim clinic for future professionals.
Almost all the scholarship holders joined that great initiative, except for the athletes who recently arrived from Budapest (Euro 2020). As a result, 24 athletes, as well as the entire team of organizers spent whole day in Arsk district.
The program of the trip included the following events:
- A solemn meeting of the FINA Center team with the students of the Arsk Youth School, as well as with the head of the Executive Committee of the Arsk Municipal District;
- On-site training session of FINA Center fellows in the "Archa pool";
- Swim clinic from foreign swimmers, as well as the coaching staff of the FINA development center;
- Autograph and photo sessions with the team;
- Cultural and educational trip to the village "Novy Kyrlay", visit to the museum of the famous Tatar writer Gabdulla Tukay.
The head of the FINA Development Center in Kazan, Ranko Tepavcevic, shared his opinion about the trip:
"This practice of offsite swim clinics from the team of the FINA Development Center is being implemented for the first time.
Our foreign swimmers, as well as divers, were very impressed by the hospitality of the Arsk district. Together with representatives of the local sports school, we held a wonderful master class and also visited the sights of beautiful region and the museum of Tukay in the Novy Kyrlay village.
We will continue to introduce our scholarship holders to Tatarstan and Tatar culture, and we are sure that other regions of our Republic will be interested in hosting events of such level..."